Joan Jett impressed by Kristen Stewart's performance

Kristen Stewart as Joan Jett on the set of "The Runaways".

-Hi Joan. So how did you feel the first time you saw the film and saw someone else playing you?
-I'm not so sure I can actually describe it. I was on set every day, watching a monitor, so it wasn't as shocking to me as if I had never seen it. But I was watching Kristen [Stewart, who plays Jett] be me everyday. I was hanging out with her and was around her as she was in character, so I don't think it was such a jolt when I finally saw it, because I was a little bit prepared. I was very impressed. She embodied me as much as possible.
-What kind of direction did you give Kristen?
Kristen Stewart in "Dazed & Confused" magazine, photoshoot by David Sherry.

-When you're you, it's kind of hard to direct someone how to be you. She had her own methods. I could tell that she was really watching me, really listening to me.Kristen Stewart, Dakota Fanning and Joan Jett at 'The Runaways' Los Angeles Premiere Afterparty - March 11 2010.

As far as direction, I just wanted her to feel free enough and close enough to me that she could ask me whatever she wanted. We did talk a lot and she would have various questions whether it was about an accent or about something The Runaways went through. I thought we were a lot a like, energetically and the way she is. And I thought there was a lot she did just naturally.
So I told her, 'Listen, just relax into it and be assured that if there is something that is way off base, I'm going to come to you and mention it, but I want you to relax and follow your instincts. And whatever you think I might do, or whatever you would do, just do it.' She needed to be able to relax and not think I was judging her on every movement. And I wasn't. I just tried to stay out of the way, really".
Source: blog.urbanoutfitters.com


Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning talk to host Andrew Freund about "The Runaways."


The Queen of Rock n' roll Joan Jett From "Glorious Results of a Misspent Youth" Cherry Bomb.


"With "Twilight" star Stewart portraying Jett in "The Runaways" movie, the upcoming comic promises to offer yet another take on the popular singer's life and career.

"Rock 'N' Roll Comics: Joan Jett and the Runaways" will hit shelves in June 2010 and is written by Spike Steffenhagen and Jay Allen Sanford, with interior art by Joe Paradise and Larry Nadolsky, and a cover by Michal Szyksznian that you can get your first look at here.
Rock 'N' Roll Comics: Joan Jett and the Runaways
32 pages $3.99
Writer: Spike Steffenhagen, Jay Allen Sanford
Pencils: Joe Paradise, Larry Nadolsky
Cover Artist(s): Michal Szyksznian

"Rock 'N' Roll Comics, Joan Jett” She is best known for her work with Joan Jett & the Blackhearts including their hit cover "I Love Rock N' Roll". This one shot tells about her life from when she was in the “Runaways” to when she broke off to her iconic solo career".
Source: splashpage.mtv.com