Catherine Hardwicke after "Twilight"

"Hardwicke, whose other films includes teen coming of age tale "Thirteen" and biblical drama "The Nativity Story" spoke to Reuters about connecting with teenagers and life after "Twilight."

Q: Your previous films centered on vampires, skateboarders, biblical figures and students. The common denominator is the main characters are all teenagers. Why is that?

A: "It's definitely a time in everybody's life that's extremely memorable, painful and exiting. It's one of our most dramatic times where we suddenly grow breasts or hair on our chest. We are able to kiss a boy or a girl and drive a car, drink and figure out who we are as a person and where we fit in the world. Great dramatic material happens in a coming of age story and there are so many possibilities. Plus teenagers are also the people who will actually get up off their couches and go to a movie theater."

Q: You obviously have a knack for dealing with teens.
A: "I respect all the teenagers I work with and feel that everything they have to say is just as valuable as anything I have to say. My first movie was written with a 13-year-old girl (Nikki Reed on "Thirteen"). It was about her life so she knew more about that than I did. We can learn from everybody."Q: You must become like a surrogate mother to them, no?

A: "Well Nikki is kind of like my fake adopted daughter and so is Sarah Blakely-Cartwright, who is in all my movies in smaller parts. When they were teenagers, they'd hang out with me, we'd do slumber parties and surf camps. One of my nephews lives with me in one of my back (apartment) units right now and my nieces lived there too. I always say, "Whoever needs a place can come stay with me.' I like the open door policy.
Q: "Twilight" cost $37 million and made nearly $382 million worldwide. Do you feel pressure to top yourself?

A: "I don't think that's possible, and I don't think that's a healthy way to think. "Twilight" was a phenomenon -- the stars just aligned on that film. Thank God (director) Ridley Scott didn't stop after "Blade Runner." He made "Thelma and Louise" and "Gladiator" and a million other interesting movies. I still want to make other good films that won't lose money."
Catherine Hardwicke and Evan Rachel Wood at Hollywood Life's 11th Annual Young Hollywood Awards.

Q: Do you have a process you go by when it comes to developing projects?

A: "I'll literally pay three Hollywood readers who don't know me to read my scripts under the radar and give cold comments. And at the early screenings of my movies, I'll hand out questionnaires that can be filled out anonymously so people can be brutally honest because to your face they won't be. I'll take the papers home, read them by myself, cry and go 'My God, that was the coolest scene and everybody hates it!' But that's fine because my goal is to always make it better."
Source: www.reuters.com

"Robert Pattinson is still filming his upcoming film "Remember Me" in New York and OK! is reporting that in-between takes, Pattinson is now kept in a closed off area constructed from seven foot-high screens in order to shield him from his crazed female fans. In other words, we now keep Robert Pattinson in a cage. Good work, America."It's crazy town. There are all these girls with a lot of hormones and a lot of time on their hands." That really does sound like a deadly combination.

Girls reportedly leave their phone numbers on Pattinson's car and trailer, and one girl left a note reading "I think we're meant to be together. Call me." If we were you, we wouldn't wait by the phone, anonymous crazy girl. After all, Pattinson's got Kristen Stewart on speed dial.
"Rob's a nice guy - he doesn't want to disappoint people. He stops to say hello when he can, but he just can't do it a lot. People bring him gifts, but we can't take them - we don't know where they've come from."

We're not exactly sure why, but we feel weirdly empathic towards Robert Pattinson - probably because the guy always seems so unbelievably bewildered by what exactly has happened to his life, and how it happened".
Source: www.actressarchives.com


"Film Synopsis: After Bella recovers from the vampire attack that almost claimed her life, she looks to celebrate her birthday with Edward and his family. However, a minor accident during the festivities results in Bella’s blood being shed, a sight that proves too intense for the Cullens, who decide to leave the town of Forks, Washington for Bella and Edward’s sake. Initially heartbroken, Bella finds a form of comfort in reckless living, as well as an even-closer friendship with Jacob Black. Danger in different forms awaits".
Source: www.shockya.com