Prince of Persia and Aladdin

"Who'll love Aladdin Sane
Battle cries and champagne just in time for sunrise
Who'll love Aladdin Sane
Motor sensational, Paris or maybe hell - I'm waiting
Clutches of sad remains
Waits for Aladdin Sane - you'll make it
Who'll love Aladdin Sane
Millions weep a fountain,
just in case of sunrise".

"Aladdin Sane" -David Bowie (photo taken by Mick Rock).

"I grew up on Aladdin; I think audiences are ready for an Arabian Nights-style film. I worry a little that Jake Gyllenhaal's Prince of Persia will step on the material a bit, but Haddon is a good enough writer to bring a freshness to whatever he chooses. I think, much like with Pirates of the Caribbean, that there's a huge gritty mysticism angle to explore with the source material. Something to wow families and yet intrigue adults. Why not? If you're going to remake something at least go with classic material that's stood the test of centuries".
Source: www.seattlepi.com